It's a bit chaotic.
* A pair of watches.
* Coffee mugs (3!)
* Pens / paper.
* Picture our my son.
* Some esp8266 development boards.
* My phone & a kindle.
In the draws beneath my desk I have random electrical components, sorted into neat boxes, paperwork, passport, CF Flash cards, card-reader, SDR reciever, and similar USB-based accessories I need nearby but not constantly plugged in.
I keep also a very big ring notebook, a lot of pens (I hate to get up in the middle of a thought to look for one) and a set of 32 colors markers for when I need to make some schema or uml diagrams on paper.
- Docking Station
- Desk Trays (with several documents)
- A little Lion (made of clay, I guess) that serves as reminder about why I do what I do (see that The Simpsons episode about Maggie's missing photos)
Besides that, as I have enough free space I also have mi backpack placed near the telephone. Oh! And also my cellphone.
and sticky notes. lots of sticky notes.
* laptop w/ dock, keyboard, mouse, second monitor, power supply, etc.
* desk phone
* personal cell phone
* raspberry pi with its own set of keyboard and mouse
* empty dr. pepper bottle
* ibuprofen bottle
* styrofoam cup full of writing utensils, hand tools, and other misc. items that are vaguely pen-sized
* time lapse camera
* magnetic screw holder
* various empty boxes
* motherboard in box for RMA
* computer case, currently gutted
* power supply
* processor and heatsink
* boxed keyboard/mouse combo for a new user
needless to say, i do not keep a tidy desk. should really work on that
Temporarily have a fan too due to weather at the minute.