|Which people and groups are researching new approaches to programming?|
I'm interested in groups who are thinking about the next thirty years, rather than the next five years.
Some projects I find interesting:
* Subtext by Jonathan Edwards: https://vimeo.com/106073134
* Apparatus by Toby Schachman: http://aprt.us
* Bret Victor's explorable explanation and introspectable programming demos: http://worrydream.com
* Eve by Kodowa: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VZQoAKJPbh8
* Scratch by the MIT Media Lab: https://scratch.mit.edu
* Mathmatica by Wolfram Research: https://www.wolfram.com/mathematica
Why am I interested? I'm working on Code Lauren, a game programming environment for beginners: http://codelauren.com I want to learn as much as possible about work done by others in the same area.