I am not backing my statements with facts. I think infinite scrolling websites are already a fact against themselves.
- They might be visually appealing (sometimes) but they are against usability, load and usefulness in general.
- Not even Pinterest (one of the most famous infinite scrollers advocates) allows you to go back to your scrolling level if you refresh.
- They are annoying. Their format fits mostly mobile devices where knowing where you are in a page is perceived differently (and sometimes totally not important).
- Fitting analytics (that make some sense) on infinite scrollers is another pain.
- If I am using a website for anything different from leisure, I want to use its content as a reference for something I need to share or use later.
- They were already despised in 2013:
- They got XKCDed: https://xkcd.com/1309/
Even Google didn't like them, then got used to them:
- The only funny source: http://whitemenwearinggoogleglass.tumblr.com/
EDIT: improved readability