Any chance you can look at restoring 309852345803454. I lost 4 apps but this is the most important one as it's integrated with an iOS app in the app store so I can't just create a new app and carry on as I've done for the other apps.
All of my apps just vanished, including lots of apps that were built for clients. Anyone at Facebook reading this and have any idea who we can contact to try and get this resolved? I can't subscribe to the bug because I'm suddenly not a developer.
Hi, I work at Facebook along with Chris. All of the accounts and apps should now be restored. If any are not (and were disabled between 3pm and 5pm PST today), please let me know the app ID and I will investigate. My sincere apologies this happened - we are looking into ways of making sure this cannot happen again.
Please help @chrisblizzard or @dweekly or anyone in charge or at least tell me what happened:
I can't access FB Developers site (can't browse any app, read-only bugs section - can't subscribe or comment). Can't give you app IDs, but can you look at userId: 100000522453817? I'm getting response:
"App creation failed Our automated systems have temporarily blocked you from creating new applications. If you think this is an error, send us your feedback."
I didn't get any mail with information or something, just blocked dev account and nothing else. I'm a developer and such problem directly affects my workflow.
Why wouldn't they proactively notify the people whose apps were mistakenly disabled, so that questions didn't have to come to HN and SO in order for people to find out what's going on? I mean, from all indications they know which apps those are, and they have contact info for the developers. Best and brightest!
"put on hold as off-topic by kevingessner, Gilles, animuson 6 mins ago
This question does not appear to be about programming, within the scope defined in the help center.
If this question can be reworded to fit the rules in the help center, please edit the question."
Hint: if your app isn't working check if Facebook didn't unset your app namespace. If so, set it again and save changes. Probably it was possible to take over other developers app namespaces due to this bug.
The short term plan was to make sure that we got developers up and running again. I know for a fact we're going to do an internal post-mortem for sure. To be 100% clear and honest, I'm not sure if that will turn into an external post-mortem or not. I'll personally push to do one, but I can't make any guarantees. (It's not my call so I can't promise.)