- already raised $39,331 on kickstarter 
- charging 'early' subscribers $19.95/month, but then it goes up to $24.95/month 
- paperback or pdf for a one time fee of $32.62 ,
- Kindle for a one time fee of  (although the font size appears to be an issue )
- subscription based, along with 9 other books for $19.99/month 
- subscription based, along with all other Safari digital library offerings for $42.99
- if using the pdf, kindle, or safari subscription versions can be text searched
EDITED: hopefully paragraph breaks come through this time
Here's the HN discussion from when the series was launched on Kickstarter last year: http://news.ycombinator.com/item?id=3977240
The only client side library we're using at the moment is JQuery, other than test frameworks.
In general, the show tends to focus on understanding things deeply before applying frameworks and libraries. JQuery (and eventually, Socket.IO) is an exception because of how it abstracts away browser differences.
ADD: I hope I'm not being too nosy, but I'd love to see some traffic and conversion numbers from you. I love the structure of this site.
The main thing I track is subscriptions, and free trial conversions. Subscriptions are up an impressive amount--proportionally about the same as the media traffic, actually. It will be interesting to see if the conversion numbers change.
Credit for the site design goes to Primate in Scotland . They did a beautiful job with the design as well as CSS coding, and I couldn't be happier with the result. Any remaining issues you see are my fault. :-)