Hacker News new | past | comments | ask | show | jobs | submit login

Possibly that it doesn't seem to warrant an entirely new name? that "shifted geometric progression" or something might as well do.

See my other response to rini17 for more info.

But yeah, seems to me these "shifted geometric progressions" are actually just a special case of a more general concept of a "polynomial progression".

Guidelines | FAQ | Support | API | Security | Lists | Bookmarklet | Legal | Apply to YC | Contact