| ||Ask HN: How do you handle long-running workflows at your company?|
156 points by superzamp 4 months ago | hide | past | web | favorite | 79 comments |
|The canonical answer to this question apparently used to be ESBs, but the rise of the microservice paradigm eventually pushed them to decline and left a void I'm not sure how is currently filled.|
HN, how do you handle your days-long sequences of business steps?
Some seed questions:
* Is your system more P2P or orchestrated?
* Do you leverage some existing tools or built your own?
* Are you confident in your monitoring of errored workflows?
* How do you retry errored workflows?
* If your system if more P2P, how do you keep a holistic view of what's happening? Can you be certain that you don't have any circular event chains?
Applications are open for YC Winter 2019
| Apply to YC