Problem: I had a hard time finding a quick and easy way to share lists with friends and colleagues. Most list apps tend to focus on productivity, I wanted a list app that focused on sharing and making lists that anyone could find useful.
Solution: a social list sharing site
I've tried adding enough social features to make the website feel a little more alive. When creating a list, there are four social features that I think are interesting:
- Explorable: lists with this setting are showcased on our explore page
- Likeable: lists can be "starred," similar to github and are saved on the user's profile
- Voting: allows users to vote on individual list items
- Suggestions: allows users to write in suggestions that the owner of the list can approve/reject
I plan to add more social features to increase engagement, but I'm at the point where I've got a functional app and really just need some feedback on how useful the website is to people.
Here's a short video of creating a list: https://storage.googleapis.com/listifi-assets/listifi_create...
I created a feature wishlist for listifi to showcase some of the plugins I've built to supercharge lists:
The questions I'm asking myself are:
- Is this site useful to people?
- Is there some other spin I can put on a list sharing website to drive engagement?
- Is it fun and engaging to create lists on this website?
Any help would be greatly appreciated! Thanks in advance!