Hacker Newsnew | past | comments | ask | show | jobs | submitlogin

My wife, who is currently on DACA, is waiting for a hardship waiver so that she may fly down to Mexico and get a green card in the US embassy.

Due to this COVID pandemic, we expect there to be some delays, but we're unsure how long it will be. This is amplified by the fact that we're unsure what the status of DACA is going to be later this year after the supreme court deals with it.

Obviously I realize that this is a non-committal answer and I should consult an attorney directly, but assuming my wife's DACA expires, this COVID thing causes major delays, and the supreme court decides to get rid of DACA, what would be the best path forward?



You would still proceed with her green card application because she would still be eligible for a waiver and immigrant visa even if DACA goes away.




Guidelines | FAQ | Lists | API | Security | Legal | Apply to YC | Contact

Search: