|Hi HN! Over the last 7 years, we’ve built the leading cryptocurrency platform in the world, serving over 30 million customers in more than 100 countries. You can check it out at coinbase.com or by downloading the Coinbase apps in the Apple and Google Play app stores.|
As we look towards the next billion customers, and realizing our vision of creating an open financial system for the world, we’re growing our team to help us build a world-class mobile experience.
This is where you come in - we’re hiring mobile engineers to help us bridge complex crypto concepts to delightful customer experiences. You’ll build better portfolio tools, launch new financial services, integrate new cryptocurrencies, and expand to new countries. You’ll work closely with our product and design teams to identify what our customers need, and work cross functionally with other engineering and non-engineering teams to get those features out the door. If you’re passionate about cryptocurrency, hard engineering problems, and building great user experiences, this is the place to be.
A little about our team: we’re a tight-knit group with experts in iOS, Android, React Native, design, and product. We have a continuous integration pipeline, desktop build machines to maximize our team’s productivity, and are ruthlessly focused on making our mobile apps easier and safer to build.
As you’re thinking about joining us, it may be helpful to know that there are a few things we look for across all hires we make at Coinbase, regardless of role or team. First, we assess whether a candidate demonstrates our values: Clear Communication, Positive Energy, Efficient Execution, and Continuous Learning (read more about our values here https://www.coinbase.com/mission ). Second, we look for signals that a candidate will thrive in a culture like ours: we default to trust, embrace feedback, celebrate thoughtful failure, and expect sustained high performance. These cultural signposts help us work together as a championship team (read our full culture doc here https://blog.coinbase.com/culture-at-coinbase-fe510fe9c098 ). Finally, we’re looking for people who are excited about our mission — building an open financial system for the world, powered by crypto and blockchain.
What you'll be doing:
* Design improvements to our existing product by thinking from first principles and focusing on our customer’s needs.
* Turn design ideas into features that scale to millions of users by working closely with engineers on mobile and backend teams.
* Take pride in quality - test, track, and monitor features that you ship to our customers and actively fix issues that crop up.
* Work with engineers, product managers, designers, and senior leadership to turn our vision into a tangible roadmap every quarter.
* Add positive energy in every meeting or interaction with your coworkers - it’s one of the things that makes Coinbase an extraordinary place to work at.
What we look for in you:
* You have at least 2 years of experience developing native mobile applications and working in a team environment.
* You’re familiar with mobile product and design lifecycles, and collaborating closely with designers and product managers.
* You have experience shipping mobile apps to a large user base.
* You write high quality code with automated tests.
If this sounds exciting to you, please apply on our website at: https://www.coinbase.com/careers/positions/1403205. Looking forward to hearing from you!