So I just released v0.2.0 today. With this release, there's a whole bunch of new features:
* The entire UI has been overhauled. There's much more room available for the comment text, it's easier on eye, you can follow threads better, and it looks better on mobile.
* You can now collapse and expand threads.
* The comment input textarea automatically expands now.
* Avatar support: the first character in your name is now used to generate a unique avatar for you. Your name is also used to create a unique color for your avatar and thread. (It's all happening on the client-side.)
* Previously, Spectre was used as the CSS framework. While it was initially very useful (and it's still my favorite CSS framework), it had too many elements that I didn't use. I remade the styling from scratch and I think the current style is neater.
With this, the total download is just 9.6 kB (excluding markdown). Meanwhile, Disqus averages 90 network requests to 22 different domains.
Cloud version would be very useful for people using static websites.