CloudFlare is building a better Internet -- performance and security optimization at the edge. Our long term goal is to give every site the same performance, security, and reliability that major sites like Google and Facebook accomplish, without any specialized network hardware or complicated administration. We enhance over 2 million sites,
including this one.
We're hiring for a variety of roles -- started 2015 at 128, over 210 now, and hope to end around 256; doubling again in 2016. This is a perfect time to join -- product market fit is established, but there's a lot of great engineering, product, sales, and support work to be done. We've publicly said we're profitable and on track for long term independent success.
You may wish to check out our blog to see the kinds of engineering work we do. (https://blog.cloudflare.com/).
https://www.cloudflare.com/join-our-team has a listing of positions.
We're always hiring for operations/SRE, sales, general systems engineering (mostly in Go, nginx, and network, as well as DNS at scale), and web development.
Specific roles we're keen to hire include:
0) Great operations/SRE staff: operating our system at scale (65+ datacenters around the world, 24x7 coverage, millions of sites) requires highly competent, hard-working, and communicative engineers.
1) Billing engineer -- someone to take the lead as we build a new billing system. Also hiring a billing PM. We're using a great YC company's billing product.
2) Great front-end engineers -- building new UI/UX to expose controls and data to customers is an increasing portion of what we do. Our current front-end stack is Backbone + Marionette with Browserify and Sass. Our new projects are using React + Redux + Babel + css-modules, and generally adopting Higher Order Components. We're also starting the process of re-imagining our main WWW Front-end stack with a migration to Redux.
3) Systems Engineer -- looking for people to help serve even more traffic, build infrastructure for security and robustness, and contribute back to open source projects. We make extensive use of nginx, lua/luajit, and ssl-at-scale.
4) "Prototyping engineers" -- people who want to prototype things in go (backend) through js frontend. We're adding a lot of new products in 2016, and people who love building the first prototype and pilot versions of these products make everything faster.
If you're interested, please apply through the https://www.cloudflare.com/join-our-team link.
Direct link to that one is: http://careers.jobscore.com/jobs2/cloudflare/community-marke...