A friend and I have a service (consultancy is too fancy a word) solving "hard problems". More info at http://www.parti.cl
Huge amount of experience including (with a few examples):
- Parsers/DSLs/types. http://acooke.org/portfolio/lepl/
- Hardware control and calibration. http://acooke.org/portfolio/seismic-cal/
- Web / data management. http://acooke.org/portfolio/data-access http://acooke.org/portfolio/practicl
- Numerical / GPU. http://acooke.org/cute/APractical0.html
- ESBs/Messaging (worked for Mule).
- Random web + Python stuff. http://colorlessgreen.net
Love solving interesting problems with software.
Based in Santiago Chile, telecommute world-wide. Was once a physicist and astronomer (like, a real one, with a PhD).