Hi. I'm Walter Rader. In 1996, there were no slang dictionaries on the web that took user contributions. So I created one. I called it The Online Slang Dictionary. It celebrated its 20th birthday last year!|
As of November 2017, I am seeking a software engineering role in the Washington, DC metro area. I have more than 16 years of professional experience as a software engineer - across a variety of industries and utilizing a variety of technologies.
My resume is available on LinkedIn: http://www.linkedin.com/in/waltergr
You can reach me at firstname.lastname@example.org
Here are some cool features of a couple of my more visible sites:
* Usage statistics
* Vulgarity ratings
* Maps that show where slang is used
* More of the interesting features are listed here: http://onlineslangdictionary.com/pages/about/
* An analysis of the offensiveness of English works in the Project Gutenberg corpus.
* This analysis used >250,000 vulgarity votes cast on The Online Slang Dictionary.
* Analyses of more corpora are in planning.
* Put a pin in a global map for a word or phrase. (Think: "hashtags plus location".)
* This site powers the "I use this word - put me on the map!" feature of The Online Slang Dictionary.