|Hi. I'm Walter Rader. In 1996, there were no slang dictionaries on the web that took user contributions. So I created one. I called it The Online Slang Dictionary. It still going after nearly 25 years!|
I'm a Software Engineer with more than 15 years of experience across all stages of the software development life-cycle. I've worked in a variety of industries; at companies huge (100k+ employees,) small (30 - 60,) and tiny (my own); and have shipped code in 10 languages.
As of October 2022, I am actively exploring new opportunities in the San Francisco Bay and Sacramento metropolitan areas.
My resume is available on LinkedIn: http://www.linkedin.com/in/waltergr
You can reach me at email@example.com
Here are some cool features of a couple of my more visible sites:
* Usage statistics
* Vulgarity ratings
* Maps that show where slang is used
* More of the interesting features are listed here: http://onlineslangdictionary.com/pages/about/
* An analysis of the offensiveness of English works in the Project Gutenberg corpus.
* This analysis used >250,000 vulgarity votes cast on The Online Slang Dictionary.
* Analyses of more corpora are in planning.
* Put a pin in a global map for a word or phrase. (Think: "hashtags plus location".)
* This site powers the "I use this word - put me on the map!" feature of The Online Slang Dictionary.