|created:||December 14, 2012|
First love was software, but I work closely with hardware now (embedded engineer).|
I live and work in Boston.
Anything I say is my own personal opinion, not my employer's.
Startups/new-ish companies I am rooting against:
* Theranos: All icing, no cake
* Zynga/King/freemium games: emotionally abusive games
* Airbnb / Uber: Laws are for other people
* FanDuel/DraftKings: See Airbnb/Uber, except sleazier because of midnight Congressional shenanigans.
* Square: Haven't found a business model that works, dumping stock onto public. [Update: Looks like the stock is stable, maybe I'm wrong!]
My general feeling regarding YC is that it's the worst possible accelerator, except for all the others. I have a sneaking suspicion that YC is best as a feeder program for corporate acquisitions, since I don't see a lot of YC advisors who have led a company beyond "got acquired and pushed out by megacorp".