This is the online version of a project I/we (http://icelab.com.au) made for the National Museum of Australia. Originally built as a WebKit-only touchscreen, it's been deployed to one of their permanent galleries running in Google Chrome for the last couple of months.
Some technical details:
* All animation is done with CSS transitions.
* Each page is actually a separate HTML file thats pulled in via AJAX.
* A small JS wrapper handles the transitions between page states.
* The background "panograph" is built in canvas.
* We're using the History API for pushing real state into the history stack.
There really are some great entries this year. I particularly like the implementation for "Hi, I'm" and "Table Surfing". This is our effort: http://decafsucks.com/. A site for finding and review cafés.