Digital Carpenter is, at the moment, just me. I’m an experienced consultant, full-stack analyst/developer, and entrepreneur. I’ve been running the company since 2008, building products, advising clients and developing custom web applications. I’ve used freelancer and o-desk but now need a full-timer to help move the company in a new and greater direction.
About the job
* You will contribute to the concept, design and development of internal products and custom client applications.
* Write and maintain the front and back-end code for custom client Web Applications.
* Implement written processes to optimise performance.
* Work independently while staying within deadlines.
* Setup and maintain the servers that run the Web Applications.
* There is scope to learn new languages and platforms, and for the right candidate, become involved in all aspects of the client and product life cycle.
* Developing content managed sites using Drupal, including creating custom modules, themes etc.
* Annual salary of around $80k (inclusive of super)
* Full-time Sydney CBD based role. No remote available.
* Enjoys programming and technology.
* Knows at least one back-end programming language really well. (Most new work will be in PHP using Laravel, but you need to be pragmatic about language use)
* Enjoys brainstorming solutions, drawing on whiteboards, discussing options, and understanding problems.
* You know your way around Linux, or are willing to learn.
* Know how to install and configure a database. PostgreSQL would be great.
* Use MVC frameworks, but could also build a site without one (or write their own basic one) if needed.
* Can design and build relational database schemas based on the description of an applications requirements.
* Use a front-end framework like Bootstrap.
* Familiar with Git and GitHub
* Given a design guide, you could easily create a website that seamlessly matches.
* Keen to grow and learn more about business, products, marketing and sales.
* You hit the ground running when given a project code-base.
To apply, email jobs@<company domain name>. Please add a paragraph or so introducting yourself in the body of the email, and attach your CV.