ViaSat has many businesses, but our largest is our satellite ISP, which provides Internet access to homes, business, and airplanes (JetBlue, United, Virgin). We're making the shift to cloud infrastructure in a big way, and are looking for people to help our Cloud Engineering team fulfill our dual purpose: first, to work alongside product and service teams to help them adopt cloud technologies; and second, to build and operate platform services that all our partner teams want, but can't do themselves (LDAP, DNS, CA, logging, etc). The job is a combination of software development, education, security engineering, and operations.
I'm looking for people who are
* software engineers with EE/CS degrees or equivalent experience
* handy with multiple languages, since we need to work in the stacks our partners use
* proficient with networking and sysadmin concepts, on top of algorithms and data structures
* experienced with cloud environments, the more the better (we use mostly AWS and OpenStack)
Bonus points if you have:
* previously worked in agile teams
* a background in security, since we do a lot of security work
* built out services using modern DevOps tools, like GoCD or Ansible
Email me: firstname.lastname@example.org
Full posting/apply: https://sjobs.brassring.com/tgwebhost/jobdetails.aspx?jobId=...