Duolingo is the most popular language education platform worldwide. It also just got $45 million from Google, who stated: "Duolingo’s mobile-first, adaptive, and gamified platform is changing the way people are learning languages across the globe."
It's free, gamified and the curriculum is completely science-based and proven to work. You can learn on the go, from anywhere, and dedicate a few minutes at a time. A few facts below! It is also being used increasingly by teachers, schools and departments of education (https://schools.duolingo.com/).
- It's the #1 downloaded app in the Education category on both iTunes and Google Play worldwide
- 100 million users!
- Selected by Apple as "iPhone App of the Year" and by "Google as Best of the Best for Android", 2 years in a row
- Unlike other online education platforms, Duolingo is a completely digital experience meaning it requires constant interaction and is native to computers / mobile platforms.
- Lessons are bite-sized so you can learn a language in 5 minutes at a time, whenever you're in line or waiting for someone, with no excuses!
- It's 100% free. Our mission: free language education for the world
- Duolingo uses machine learning technologies to create a completely personalized experience for each user
- Luis von Ahn, co-founder and CEO of Duolingo, is a MacArthur fellow, Carnegie Mellon University professor, and the inventor of CAPTCHA
We're looking for: Software Engineers, Designers and Product Managers to develop the next-generation technologies that improve how millions learn.
More details on our Jobs page: https://www.duolingo.com/jobs
Or send your resume and cover letter directly to email@example.com