We launched in February on iOS ("Best New Apps") - http://techcrunch.com/2015/02/26/mobile-search-david-vs-goog... We also won TC Disrupt and raised over $10M with a small team
WHAT WE DO: Vurb is creating a single app mobile search and sharing experience - partnering with services like Yelp, Foursquare, Rotten Tomatoes, etc. Rather than jumping between different apps to find something, we're delivering a cohesive experience in one place - an app you'll use every day.
INVESTORS: Max Levchin, Drew Houston, Naval Ravikant, CrunchFund, Redpoint + others.
APPLY IF: You are looking for a rapidly growing small team and the opportunity to take on significant responsibility and ship quickly. Examples of challenging problems that you could help us solve include:
- Manage and index millions of objects around places, events, movies, etc with blazing fast read-write access
- Develop search relevance and content discovery infrastructure on millions of objects and TB’s of data
- Develop mobile apps for not only scaling app performance but architecting the app to support a growing number of services and verticals
* Mobile Engineer - iOS / Android engineers (2+ years experience)
* Search / Data Scientist / Data Engineer - search, classification, ranking, ML, graphs, data crawling/processing. Advanced CS degree required.
* Product Designer - strong mobile UI/UX skills
* Growth Lead - drive growth initiatives across product and marketing
INTERESTED? http://vurb.com/careers | firstname.lastname@example.org |
On-site only, H1B transfers OK