| ||Ask HN: What has changed for developers in the last 20 years|
16 points by mukundmohan on May 9, 2015 | hide | past | web | favorite | 18 comments |
|I'd love you know your thoughts on what's changed for developers in the last 20 years.
1. We moved from client apps to web apps to mobile apps.
2. Client server apps were for work and now there's a lot more "consumers" using apps
3. Hence, design and simplicity have become important.
4. We went from waterfall to agile programming.
5. There's a huge proliferation of "stacks" and "fragmentation" of languages for specialized tasks.|
What other trends do you see?
| Apply to YC