We're focused on understanding and recommending content at scale. We use ML/NLP techniques to algorithmically understand the meaning behind content and make sense of people's wide and nuanced interests based on their behavior. Engaging content is the future of online monetization, and our first product is an intelligent native ad engine for revenue-generating content.
We have a ton of interesting problems to solve, and we're looking for people who want the responsibility of taking some of them on and delivering working solutions. You'll want to have interests or experience in some of the following:
* Working extensively in functional languages (we mostly use Scala, some Haskell)
* Building large-scale distributed systems (we run a microservices architecture on AWS)
* Designing and implementing proprietary machine learning models and real-time personalized recommender systems (particularly Bayesian approaches, topic models, deep belief nets)
* Designing streaming data pipelines to process millions of daily events
* Rapidly designing and building frontend products
We’re a VC and Y Combinator-backed startup at the beginning of our journey. As one of our first engineers you’ll play a central role in defining our tech culture and direction, and have direct influence on product and strategy.
If you're interested, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org with your CV and anything else that helps us know more about who you are! Unfortunately we can't sponsor visas at the moment so you'll need to be eligible to work in the UK!