A platform for the Internet of Things, connecting smart devices to each other, and to app developers. We’ve created three easy tools (Platform as a Service, SDKs and a Sensor-Kit – the WunderBar) which allow developers to quickly program Internet of Things solutions, with sensor data to create applications for their physical surroundings.
We use Scala for our backend (with some stuff in Node.js).
We don't expect you know Scala, we are looking for a strong developer who has already established themselves in another language.
- Design and implement new features for the backend
(Scala, Rest Services, Akka, Postgres, Cassandra, RabbitMQ, etc.)
- You will be involved in designing features, not just implementing them.
- Help building data streaming / analytics infrastructure.
- Work on scalability / performance problems.
- Minimum 3-5 years experience on challenging server-side projects,
ideally on JVM platform.
- Some expertise in building real-time distributed systems & services,
ideally experience in big data systems (Kafka, Spark, Hadoop).
- Experience in REST API development.
- Experience with SQL and NoSQL databases.
- Good level of English.
- Listen to and value your opinion
- Value and respect you as a person
- Make mistakes, break stuff, learn and move on
- Operate in a non-hierarchical open fashion
- Ask you to work on latest technologies
Please write to jobs at relayr.io