As a core part of the development team you will be applying deep computer science and software engineering knowledge to solving a new breed of data management problems. You will be responsible for enhancing the existing product with state of the art features to address scalability challenges for our customers.
Core tools: Linux, C/C++, Emacs/vi, gdb, Python.
* Design, implement, and maintain database internals and distributed systems code.
* Implement state of the art algorithms to solve real customer challenges.
* Write code that is robust even under the most hostile workloads.
* Introduction to Algorithms by Cormen and Leiserson is your trusty friend.
* Strong understanding of C/C++.
* Strong knowledge of at least one additional language (Python, Java, Lisp, etc.)
* Experience shipping high quality systems software.
* Familiarity with distributed systems is a plus.