Job Description and Responsibilities:
We are looking for a front-end web application developer interested in creating web applications. The candidate must be able to take an idea with only a list of features and translate that list into a concrete design document with emphasis on user experience. Then, after creating the design document and page mock-ups, be able to work with database engineers and software engineers to create a fully integrated web application able to handle big data analytics.
All applicants should be prepared to demonstrate their development ability. During the interview, we may give a simple algorithmic coding test as well as a coding test based on a previous difficulty we’ve run into on the project.
This is a full time position and all applicants must be willing to work onsite – relocation may be discussed in the interview.
* Proficiency with Node.js or Angular.js, preferably both
* Working knowledge of at least one server side scripting language (e.g. Python, PHP, Perl)
* Working knowledge of either relational (e.g. MySQL, Oracle DB) or document based (e.g. Mongo DB, Informix) databases
* Proficient in writing clean code as well as documentation and APIs for code
* Work in a team environment and work on multiple projects in different phases of the development life cycle
* Working knowledge of one programming language (e.g. Java, C++)
* Working knowledge of web servers (e.g. Apache) and servlet containers (e.g. Jetty)
* Working knowledge of the full MEAN (Mongo DB, Express, Angular.js, Node.js) stack
* Experience with graphing and data visualization technologies
* Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent in web design or programming, experience may be substituted for education