| ||Ask HN: How do technical non-developers help with open source projects?|
216 points by thomk on Apr 1, 2015 | hide | past | web | favorite | 88 comments |
|I used to code for a living but decided that I enjoy being a technical writer and PM much, much more.|
Things I enjoy:
My question is; Is there a need for someone like me in any open source projects and if so, how do I contribute?
* Writing detailed functional specifications.
* Creating wireframes & mockups.
* Creating flowcharts, BPMN docs & graphs to explain a project.
* Planning Poker, Creating sprints.
* Discussing technical issues with developers.
* Simplifying technical issues for customers.
* Learning about new technologies.
* Explaining new technology to customers.
| Apply to YC