* "Bar roulette" where you would hit a button, an uber would show up, then take you to a random bar sourced from Yelp.
* Last-minute ticket sales to events (e.g. in the hour before they start) that include transportation
* Having bars or clubs offer to drive people there for free and bid based on demographics of the user like an ad - e.g. "We need more people in this age range, of this gender, etc." They would set a bid, and the app would ping people that matched the criteria and offer to drive them there for free if the estimated fare was less than the bid.
While not politically correct, it would be interesting to run an outcall escort service with this. Throw in an AirBNB API...
Disclaimer: The above is just a thought. I do not condone this use case.
If you load that up on your mobile phone you can search for the location nearest to you with low or no surge, and then deep link into the Uber app to actually call the car.
Now I can implement requests directly, which is very cool.
An example would be I know I'll need an Uber tomorrow morning at 7AM so rather than get out my phone at 6:50AM I do it the night before and it just delays the request until the morning? Perhaps even add in some push notifications or something to check that you still want to book it and all you have to do is hit yes/no.
(cron repeats, at is for one time jobs)
* An app that allows people to search up the products of small local businesses near by, pay for them via mobile, and then have it delivered to them via a trusted Uber driver. Good for small businesses since they wouldn't be able to afford a fleet of cars. Uber delivery will increase business since they will no longer be limited by their location.
* Tinder integration would be perfect. Users can agree upon a location via a google map in the app, and then schedule Uber drivers to pick them both up (option to share ride too). No need for either person to reveal their address to the other. Will make participants feel more safe.
* Vacation package integration. Not sure if this is already being done, but vacation packages can now include a dedicated Uber driver, along with the standard hotel + plane package. Will make vacations even smoother.
* Office lunch app uber integration. An app that lets co-workers pool money together to order lunch from local restaurants, and then have it delivered via Uber. Business for restaurant is increased since they are no longer limited by seating capacity (esp during high volume times - business plaza at 12pm for example).
* This idea is a combination of some of the others. Pizza Hut, Domionos, Chinese restaurants all do delivery... why not all of the other restaurants? Imagine an app that aggregates a bunch of restaurants and allows users to place orders. As the food is being prepared the app calculates all the nearby Uber drivers, the delivery locations, etc. It then finds the most efficient 'load' for a single Uber driver to carry. For example, pickup food from restaurants A B R since the drop off locations are all near to each other. This allows an Uber driver to take food from more than 1 restaurant to more than 1 customer, maximizing the amount of $$ they can make and decreasing cost for the end customer.
Pity the affiliate program only gives you Uber credits, and not actual cash.
A box containing a captive iPhone and a credit card reader. When you swipe your card, they call an Uber to that location. So you can use Uber without a smartphone or an acocunt.
I still think that would be neat.
Sweet; Now my automated dating life will really take off!