BlueStacks (http://www.bluestacks.com), a privately held, venture funded, Silicon Valley startup with a brand name enjoying global recognition. You can play your favorite Android apps on your Windows PC, Mac or TV using the BlueStacks App Player. You can also bring your Android mobile experience to your home by linking your devices through our mobile apps. We are awestruck and feel humbled by the organic, grass roots adoption of our products worldwide, they have become a key driver for Android adoption since we started the company. It never ceases to amaze us when we meet people in everyday life, in every part of the world we have traveled to, who tell us, “Hey, I use BlueStacks every day! ”.
Our business is growing and we are looking for a few more smart people who can grow it and grow with it further. Ideally, you’ve got at least three years experience under your belt, are an agile individual who wants to work in a fast- paced environment, and an excellent portfolio of work to show for it.
email - careers at bluestacks dot com (Please mention "Hacker News")
• CSS/CSS3/CSS preprocessor Sass/Less.
• Responsive/adaptive design techniques.
• An ability to write well-structured, semantic, maintainable code.
• Experience building single page applications with technology such as
Backbone JS, Angular JS, Require JS.
• Excellent understanding of cross-browser and cross-platform issues.
• Ability to complete and juggle multiple projects whilst meeting strict
• SEO best practices.
• Experience with version control, GIT.
• Comfortable using the command line tools
• An understanding and practice of website optimization techniques.
• 3 years of industry experience.
Desktop UI Developer
• 3 years of industry experience with UI design and implementation.
• Experience debugging complex, multi-language software.
• Proficient with multi-threading, asynchronous programming paradigms
and anonymous functions.
• Proficient with network programming, at both the socket and HTTP
• Deep technical understanding of operating systems and application
• Strong foundation in computer science, with strong competencies in data
structures, algorithms and software design/architecture.
• Experience with UI design and implementation primarily in any of Xcode,
or Visual Studio, alternately tools like Qt Creator.
• Experience on multiple operating systems, such as Windows, MacOS, or
• Preferred languages: C/C++, C#, Objective-C.
• Experience on multiple operating systems, such as MacOS, Windows or
• Experience with kernel programming on MacOS, Windows or Linux.
• Experience with standard operating system IPC mechanisms, such as
Unix domain sockets, pipes, or XPC.
• Deep technical knowledge of Android mobile application development.
• Proficient in the following technologies: Java language and related
frameworks, Multi-Threading and memory management specific to
• Knowledge of Android UI frameworks.
• Knowledge of full stack from user interaction to database commits.
• Experience with RESTful back end APIs