We’re (https://www.underdog.io) looking to make our first hire, a Lead Software Engineer, in New York City.
Today, we're a curated two-sided marketplace for talent. We help growing startups hire amazing people across all verticals at a fraction of the cost of traditional recruiting firms. We started underdog.io because we experienced the pain of hiring first-hand, having worked at top startups in NYC.
We're currently live in NYC, but we've had serious requests to open in 10 other cities. While the plan is to scale the recruiting piece quickly, the bigger vision is not as focused on recruiting. We're moving towards building a defensible network between companies while building candidate-facing tools.
In the interest of full transparency, it's a big job with lots of positives and negatives.
• Traction (https://medium.com/@joshuagoldstein/our-first-four-months-bu...) after a few months.
• Proven business model - we're making significant money every month. In fact, we're making enough to pay market rate, and we haven't raised money yet.
• Full technical autonomy. We've built our internal CMS and tools with Python/Flask, Node.js, PostgreSQL, Elastic Search, S3, etc. but you're in charge of choosing the technologies going forward.
• Work out of Founder Collective's (a well-known VC) space in SoHo.
• Less structure and certainty than a funded startup.
• Only full-time developer until we build an engineering team.
Email email@example.com to apply.
Sorry, we can't sponsor visa candidates.
Keywords: New York, NYC, Developer, Dev, Python, Flask, Node.js, PostgreSQL, Elastic Search, S3, https://www.underdog.io/