Hacker News new | past | comments | ask | show | jobs | submit login

Really nice statistics. I would love to know the name of that kind of statistics graph ? Thanks !

I'm not sure that kind of graph has a name, it looks like diagrams in circuits/code. My guess is that its a custom kind of graph inspired in the tools they knew for visualizing complex relationships.

But I'd like to learn more about those kinds of graph if I'm wrong :)

I've heard it called a parallel coordinates or parallel lines chart.

According to the link below a hammock plot is generalization of a parallel coordinate plot where the lines are replaced by rectangles that are proportional to the number of observations they represent. This plot is different from both the traditional parallel coordinate plot and the hammock plot since the category's width is proportional to it's activity, not the line width. Maybe it's type is still unnamed.


It's a hammock plot.

Registration is open for Startup School 2019. Classes start July 22nd.

Guidelines | FAQ | Support | API | Security | Lists | Bookmarklet | Legal | Apply to YC | Contact