We are looking for someone with basic C experience - "a few classes four years ago" may be sufficient. You should be able to manage the first 5 Project Euler problems in C, and you should at least be competent to write FizzBuzz, implement a basic singly-linked list, and build a simple unix 'cat' utility.
You should also be somewhat familiar with Unix - comfortable getting work done on either the Linux or OSX command line. Bonus points for any of:
- Understands hash tables
- Familiarity with Ruby (our tests are written in RSpec)
- Experience with data manipulation (text processing, parsing, etc)
- Is not afraid of pointers
- Can write C Macro wrappers for data structures
- Has experience with using SAS, R, SciPy, or Matlab to do data analysis
You can talk to me (firstname.lastname@example.org) if you have any questions, or if you just want a feel for the company.
To apply, send a resume and sample C program to email@example.com. The sample should be written by you in C, but otherwise can be anything you like - if you have any C projects already public, that will do; otherwise I'd suggest a basic implementation of unix `cat`, `sort`, or `cut` as a reasonable demonstration of competence.