We are a small team passionate about making people's lives better through software. We're looking to hire senior software developers and software designers at our office in Grand Rapids.
A little bit about us:
- We write custom software of all shapes and sizes for clients all over the US.
- We aren't limited to any really specific set of technologies, which is a great
opportunity to learn. In the past two years, I've worked with Python (Flask+SQLAlchemy),
Objective-C (and some Swift), Backbone.js (inside PhoneGap), Angular.js (with CoffeeScript),
QT, Node.js, and a good helping of Ruby and Rails.
- We practice a sustainable pace. We recognize that we each have lives,
activities, and families outside of work. Late nights and > 40 hour weeks are
rare by design. Last year I worked an average of 40.408 hours per week.
- We're agile, but not dogmatic about it. Our process evolves to suit our needs.
We pair when it makes sense.
- We offer competitive salaries, health/vision/dental insurance, quarterly profit
sharing, retirement + match, weekly catered lunches, and a top-floor office
with snacks, guitars, and your choice of standing or sitting desks.
- We run a makerspace in our building (http://grmakers.com), which gives us
access to lots of cool stuff like a laser cutter and 3D printers.
- 2.5 hours from Chicago and Detroit, less than an hour to the beach.
- Lots of great beer. Founders Brewery (a mile from our office) has 3 beers in
the Beer Advocate top 15. HopCat is a “World Class” bar on BA.
Just look here: http://beeradvocate.com/beerfly/city/43
- Low cost of living. I bought a nice house with a mortgage payment
30% lower than the rent of my 1 bedroom apartment in Mountain View.
- A growing technology and startup community.
- You love making software, and you have a couple of years of experience building
software with a variety of tools and technologies.
- You learn new stuff quickly. You’ve used a lot of technologies, but you’re not
afraid to use more. You have some experience with web or mobile tech.
- You believe software is written for humans, not computers.
- You want to come into work every day and enjoy the people you work with.
If you have any questions about our jobs or hiring process, feel free to drop me a line: