I am from India and in 12 days from now I am moving to San Francisco. I would like to know where can I find apartment in quiet area ? I am married and my wife would travel with me. No kids.
I have been to US in the past and lived in NC. In Raleigh we were renting 1 BR/1 BA for $950.
This is first time we would live in Bay Area.
We don't plan on staying too long in SF just one or two years. We both don't like in US but my company is pushing me a lot to go for couple of years.
I am looking for place that is available up to $1200 rent max. I am aware of fact that rents are extremely high in Bay Area but this may be rent we can afford.
We don't want to live in downtown or in SF for that matter. We are okay to live on east bay and travel to SF. My job will be in downtown. I am okay to travel as much as 25 miles one way.
I am basically looking for place with no drugs , no violence. Neither me or my wife drink.
My wife won't work and will stay home.
I have done some research so far. Here are things I found -
1. Oakland is not so good area. There are some good neighborhoods but drugs and violence and loot is too large.
2. Some advised me to strictly avoid Tenderloin and Sacramento.
3. I don't know about Rockridge. Can anyone confirm if area is good / bad ?
4. Walnut creek is good but very very expensive. How about Concord ? Is Concord good area ?
5. What about Alameda ? Is it good ? Even if I have to pay $100 extra I am fine if its good area.
All other towns that are nice and quiet even though little far ?
Please comment any neighborhoods to strictly avoid.
Thank you very much for reading and helping us !