- LÖVE: http://love2d.org (Lua)
- Polycode: http://polycode.org (Lua / C++)
- SpriteKit (Obj-C / Swift)
- Cinder: http://libcinder.org (C++)
- Processing: http://www.processing.org and http://www.processingjs.org (Java/JS)
- NodeBox: http://www.nodebox.net (Python)
- PyGame: http://pygame.org (Python)
I was recently starting to do a similar collection: https://github.com/albertz/Coding-Game-Intro
Although mine is more headed to become some game coding tutorials, probably C++ with SDL, Lua, or so. But that hasn't even started yet.
Which I find to be more streamlined and focused on game development.
Particle Designer - http://particledesigner.71squared.com/
Bitmap Font Generator - http://www.bmglyph.com/
There's a free trial download at www.betathegame.com