I've spent the past few weekends building this:
It's a little app to identify the songs used in YouTube videos because I got fed up of finding awesome new music and then not knowing who the artist was.
1. Enter a YouTube URL containing unknown music
2. Click 'Identify songs' to get the artists and songs
Now unfortunately the current version is pretty primitive and doesn't always get anything right - but you'd be pleasantly surprised the times it gets things bang on! I've certainly added some new albums to my collection since...
Here are some cool videos:
- [Not another GoPro edit](http://audentifi.com/identify?video_url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.yo...)
- [Fireworks From A Drone](http://audentifi.com/identify?video_url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.yo...)
- [Freeride 41](http://audentifi.com/identify?video_url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.yo...)
- Sports edits usually work really well
- Longer, more complex videos don't work so well (something I'm looking to improve)
Any feedback is appreciated - I'd love to hear any improvements or ideas you guys have. I'm also tweaking the backend to use some machine learning algorithms to determine where the tracks start and end - does anyone have some useful resources on the topic?
Really I'm just testing the waters and seeing if it's worth continuing with the project. I can only afford to keep a couple of backend servers running, so if a lot of people are submitting videos then the waiting time can be quite long...
Thanks for your time guys :)
What's a good email to connect with you?