I'm a web developer from Mapbox / former White House tech advisor running for Congress. I released my campaign issues on GitHub: http://www.wired.com/2014/03/cole-platform/
I need help raising money to compete. Small donations welcome. http://coleforcongress.com/contribute
How I can help:
Happy to share my experience / advice with those interested in working in politics or government.
Once elected, I'll be a Representative in Congress who has worked in and understands tech. Here's where I stand on the issues: http://coleforcongress.com/issues/technology/ and a reddit AMA: www.reddit.com/r/IAmA/comments/20wvx5/im_dave_cole_candidate_for_congress_nj2_a_coder/
dave [at] coleforcongress [dot] com
Here's my bio, albeit in campaign-speak: http://coleforcongress.com/about/
- Worked on '08 Obama campaign as a data analyst and field organizer
- I moved WhiteHouse.gov to an open source CMS and released code back to the public
- Worked with other govt agencies to do the same
- Helped design and set up the first versions of the We the People petition platform
- Worked on the "the good part" of healthcare.gov
- Early member at Mapbox, helped develop platform and work with clients
- Running as a Democrat supporting infrastructure investments for improving schools and wiring rural and non-competitive areas for high-speed (fiber) internet access
- Strongly support network neutrality, protecting free and open internet, taking on patent trolls, ending NSA domestic surveillance and supporting outside expert oversight, to name a few
Even though this is NJ, it's the US Congress -- votes affect us all.
If not, I wouldn't be able to vote for you, but I wish you luck regardless.
IMHO: this is worthy of our attention.