....or ever been a core member of an administration that left us with two disastrous wars, an offshore gulag, the greatest economic disaster in 70 years, a record of legitimizing torture, a decline in prestige on the world stage. Oh, and a strong record or rejecting marriage equality.
Someone call OkCupid and notify them of this so they can start working on their next PR campaign.
The housing crisis started well before the Bush administration. The affordable housing act was what enabled banks to start issuing loans without worrying about risk.
* The Iraq war ended in 2011, and the Afghanistan war is winding down.
* The Obama administration has attempted to close Guantanamo, only to be blocked by Congress.
* We are no longer in the financial crisis left by the previous administration.
* Obama ordered an end to torture on his first day in office.
* Global attitudes about the United States have improved dramatically since 2008, according to Pew Research (http://www.pewglobal.org/database/indicator/1/survey/15/).
So, you're either woefully misinformed, or willfully ignorant.
* Obama followed the Iraq Status of Forces Agreement (SOFA) that Bush had signed. He did not accelerate withdrawal of troops at all - if Bush was still president it would have been the same timeline. He also promised to get us out Afghanistan immediately, but he lied: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zn134-KLL7Y
* Obama could release all prisoners of Guantanamo right now (that's what you generally do when you don't have evidence to convict someone). He was only blocked in attempting to transfer them elsewhere.
Here are some more facts to chew on.
* He has maintained a personal "kill list," one murdered target of which was an American citizen.  Other American citizens, including a 16-year old boy, have been killed abroad by drone strikes under his watch.
* He signed Patriot Act and FISA Amendment Acts extensions
* He campaigned on ending warrantless surveillance, instead he greatly expanded it
* He signed the NDAA bill w/ indefinite detention provisions after saying that he had "reservations" about it. Proved a liar when he instructed DoJ to fight lawsuit challenging the provisions.
* He has appointed lobbyists to numerous positions of power in the federal gov't (one of them being from Monsanto to the FDA), after campaigning strongly against the practice.
edit: Forgot to mention his wars on whistleblowers.
He was not just blocked in attempting to transfer prisoners, he was blocked from having them tried in American courts.
The rest of your points don't seem to be related to the ones I was refuting. No administration is flawless. I was only pointing out that the parent comment to mine (specifically) was completely incorrect. Any other black marks against the current administration are beside that point.
The Guantanamo prisoners simply don't need to be tried by American courts in order to be released. http://images.politico.com/global/2013/05/03/lettertoobama_g...
Fair enough on the other points.
Golly gee, I wonder why I didn't vote for him again in 2012? When will people realize the two party system is a farce? Both parties are largely the same and neither will ever bring real change.
And stuxnet 1.0 (2009-2010)
This kind of stuff takes years and has a life of its own.
Crossing administrations, party lines, and cabinet members. The nexus of the Pentagon, CIA, and State departments...has a lot of moving parts...and they can't fire all the career professionals after every election.
I really don't see how a vaguely rational person could even begin to compare the two, regardless of political beliefs.
I haven't seen anyone arguing that Bush was worse than Obama in this thread, so I don't see how that comparison has anything to do with anything either.
Condi was (b) so they are basically the same relation to the US gov't.
I think the generalization that US foreign policy has radically changed its ethics or its data-security between 2008-2011 to be a bit unsupported by the facts.
If anything, as tech has improved we have all become less secure...regardless of the POTUS...because the professionals working in the NSA and the CIA are just getting more powerful.
The over-personalization of stuff though seems a bit less enlightened. But YMMV.
That being said, this is good energy to harness and use for the next election.
1) Patronage 101 is rewarding the parent through doing favours for the child.
2) The decisionmaking of a junior person can be manipulated in its own right+
I don't think anyone needs to agree/argue with your point to see how its at best an incomplete understanding of the situation.
The same would be true in ancient rome, mideival florence, or the courts of eurpe in the 18th C.
[+] ... more easily