We're one of the oldest PaaS's out there, with support for PHP/Ruby/Java/node.js and both AWS and Azure. Earlier this year we launched a brand new user experience from the ground-up -- a new website and a completely new client-side interface. As a Frontend Engineer, you'd be working primarily on the latter.
The UI is written using angular.js served up by a lightweight node.js api proxy server. We use mocha/selenium web driver for our tests and only accept green builds via travis to be merged to master. Through our "eybot" on slackhq, we deploy stable code to production multiple times a day.
The UX engineering team at Engine Yard consists of 3 UI designers and 4 engineers (including myself). We're spread out across 8 timezones (Dublin through San Francisco), so experience working in a distributed team is key.
* Competitive salary
* Full medical, dental and vision benefits
* 25 paid days off per year
* We take care of your phone bill
* Paid travel to conferences
* A passion for writing great software to solve real problems for real people
* Demonstrated experience building complex client-side applications in
* Experience working in a distributed team
* The strong belief that a feature isn't finished until it's tested and, where
* A fantastic sense of sarcasm
* Ability to travel occasionally (at least once or twice a year)
* Somewhere between UTC and UTC-8
* Thorough understanding of git
* Experience building REST apis
* Experience with multiple languages (and an understanding of their tradeoffs)
* Previously worked at a startup