|FlightCar is the world's first p2p car sharing company to operate at the airport. We're a YC company that's raised $6m+ in funding.|
We give travelers free airport parking by renting out their cars to others. Everything's insured up to $1m. We're funded by General Catalyst, Softbank Capital, Brian Chesky, Ryan Seacrest, and others.
We're looking for a Lead Front End Developer. You'll be developing our desktop and mobile sites as well as internal tools. As the front end lead, you'll have the choice of which technologies to call on for projects. Currently we have a Django-backed site, and want to expand our front end work.
About our dev team: We all enjoy teaching and learning, and do things like build telepresence devices together: http://blog.printf.net/articles/2014/03/18/a-robot-for-timo/
- develop new and existing features for our current consumer site, which uses Django templates and Bootstrap.
- create new customer-facing and internal services using the front end framework of your choice -- we're a small team and you'll be able to forge our architecture from the ground up.
- layout user interfaces using FlightCar's current design language.
- comfortable working in a fast-paced startup environment
- have solid understanding of HTML5 and CSS3
- knowledge of mobile web constraints and ways to optimize for them
- a desire to complement the backend team by exploring server-side JS applications with node.js (or if you're daring, Meteor).
- have a strong sense of UX best practices
- knowledge of Google Analytics or other analytics software is a huge plus
- love simple design and bright colors
If you're interested, please email me at email@example.com. Thanks!