WebAction is a real-time streaming big data company based in the San Francisco Bay Area, providing an end-to-end platform that aims to enable the next generation of real-time, data driven applications. Founded by a team of Silicon Valley veterans with proven track records, WebAction is backed by some of the most respected names in Silicon Valley. We're also well funded (recently raised $11m Series B by a private equity firm with a $15 billion fund).
We offer a competitive salary, excellent benefits package, generous equity for the right candidates. Our office is also a short walk from some great restaurants and coffee spots on University Avenue in Downtown Palo Alto.
For the UI Developer Position:
- Code user interface components for a real-time big data dashboard
- Optimize code for performance and usability
- Contribute innovative ideas for new dashboard features
- Collaborate with platform engineers to coordinate user interface with back-end functionality
- Enthusiasm for working in a startup environment
- Portfolio of deployed projects
Nice to Haves
- Experience working with real-time, data-intensive user interfaces
- Experience with D3.js or other data visualization libraries
- Experience with Backbone.js or other front-end MV* frameworks
- User experience and design skills
For the Platform Engineering position, we ask that you have experience writing clean code in Java and have a strong desire and skills to work on a scalable, highly optimized data management infrastructure. We ask that you have the following skills:
-Large-scale distributed systems
-Highly available, highly scalable architectures, Hadoop (MapReduce / Pig / Zookeeper),
- Data Serialization (Avro / Thrift / Protocol Buffers)
- Experience Optimizing HBase Performance
-Real-time messaging (0MQ / Kestrel / Kafka or similar), Real-time event processing, Continuous Queries
For the Application Development position, please follow the link to our detailed description of the role:
If this sounds like you, shoot us an e-mail at jobs@WebAction.com.