Happy New Years!
2) True happiness is in doing what you really enjoy and being in control of yourself all the time
3) There are always more unfortunate around you
4) World is full of irrational behavior; but good part is you got choices
5) One-thing-at-a-time is a myth; you can do what you believe you can
6) No matter how bad it looks, convincing most of the people is mere wastage of time; they hear what they want to hear
7) Reading is an unpleasant process for majority and so is easy explanation
8) Working hard is fine only when you're learning
9) Business is all about minimizing the risks - contradictory to the general belief
10) The universe doesn't give a flying fuck about you. So go out there and live the life the way you dream of.
Of course I already intuitively knew all this as it is just common sense and very remedial but the above was a crystallized theme for moi this year.
I ended up training 1315 Students and 40 Teachers in Java, Android and other latest technology. My purpose of 2014 is to create lasting impact through my work. (author a book, fitness, Instructor for online course)
Here is my blogpost of my learnings and events in 2013: http://santhoshthepro.in/snapshot-2013-a-year-of-giving
Also, I discovered "Complexity Economics" this year, and that has changed my world-view in many ways and has given me a lot of ideas and inspiration.