Hacker News new | comments | ask | show | jobs | submit login

The word 'responsive' has been sprayed all over these pages. I take it I'm supposed to read that word a certain way in this context, but I don't know how. Does it mean you can click things? Something more? Something else?

'Responsive' simply means that a layout adjusts itself to the size of the device/screen.

See: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Responsive_web_design

Exactly, Ink uses media queries to modify the layout for different devices.

Backing up what ricefield said, responsive design is making something that works well in many different viewing contexts (desktop, mobile, tablet, smart TV, etc). http://zurb.com/word/responsive-web-design

Applications are open for YC Summer 2019

Guidelines | FAQ | Support | API | Security | Lists | Bookmarklet | Legal | Apply to YC | Contact