Hacker Newsnew | comments | show | ask | jobs | submit login

> trying to get your site to handle traffic on a 3GB server and a 15GB server.

I find that I always hit cpu limits way before memory becomes an issue.

same here. i've been profiling this past week trying to see if i can trim cpu cycles or whether that's just how the game is played.


The problem is template rendering, string handling is a (relatively) expensive process. I found utf8'ing my entire workflow (instead of decoding to unicode then reencoding to utf8) drastically affected performance (using python).


Applications are open for YC Winter 2016

Guidelines | FAQ | Support | API | Security | Lists | Bookmarklet | DMCA | Apply to YC | Contact