Monetate helps digital marketers make their content more relevant. We turn data into action on our clients' sites by doing real-time data analysis and DOM manipulation to put the right experience in front of their users. We’re looking for engineers who want to do highly visible work on great brands and solve tough problems with great coworkers.
What we're looking for:
* Problem solvers who like to code - we take things apart, figure out how they work, then build software to solve our users' problems.
* People who like to ship - we're focused on building and shipping great products - if you like to see your work in production quickly you'll see it here. We ship often (every two weeks), and iterate.
* Respect - it's our core value. We have a great team and we work well together. Our vacation policy is the same as Netflix (we don't have one). Our technical project teams are self-organizing and have full authority over (as well as responsibility for) the problems they work on.
* Founded in 2008
* Open source - Google Closure, Python, Hadoop, Mahout, Solr and Lucene - we're open source across our stack
* Funded by First Round Capital and OpenView
* Market rate salaries
We've hired great people from HN before -- and we're looking for people not positions. We have people who have joined the team with no background in our primary languages and people from non-traditional backgrounds.
Check out our blog at http://engineering.monetate.com/
Send me a message if you have questions or want to apply: karl at monetate dot com