The main reasons are:
- Battery life. My Nokia holds 7-14 days, depending on how much I actively use it.
- Industrial customers: I can not enter factories with a phone that has a camera.
I thought about using the Defy+ as a navigation aid for sailing, but:
- The GPS is unable to get a lock, if there is no cell phone connection.
- The display is not readable in sunlight.
- The compass is a bad joke.
So the only use case remaining is: A water proof camera that shows only noise in dim light with a display that is not readable in bright light.
I have unpacked, loaded, booted the Nexus 7 once. Since then its collecting dust in the shelf.