|Microryza (YC W13) is looking for a lead Rails engineer to help us grow and scale.|
WHERE: 346 1st St, San Francisco, CA
WHY: We are deeply mission driven. We've had team members tell us that through Microryza, they've found their life's work.
We believe that how scientists will be doing research in 10 years will be vastly different than how it's been done up until now, and we want to help bring that change. We are a small team of 5, but our business is growing quickly.
- full time engineering position
- ownership of complete features from architecture, testing, and release
- grow with us to help build the company you want to work for
- salary and generous equity
- 3-5 years of hands-on experience writing production Rails code (full-stack)
- your code has vision: writing maintainable code makes you happy, and you're always thinking about scaling
- know when to hack first, ask questions later
- strong communication skills
- passionate about research and basic science
- have shipped great products in the past
We were the kids who got in trouble in middle school chemistry because we lit things on fire and liked to mix the things we weren't supposed to mix. We're based in San Francisco, CA. Some of our investors so far include SV Angel, A16Z, Index Ventures, Learn Capital, Dave Morin, Esther Dyson, Linda Avey, Halle Tecco, and 500 Startups.
HOW IT WILL GO DOWN:
We will set up a time to chat with every person who applies with at least one of the founders. If we see promise, we'll then bring you in for an in person interview, beer drinking session, and ask you to build some stuff. You'll get a feel for how we work, our codebase, and if you want to join our team. As soon as we fall in love with you, we'll get started changing the world (we'll relocate you if necessary).
If you are interested, send us some mail at firstname.lastname@example.org