|Sift Science (http://siftscience.com) is a Y Combinator (S11) startup in sunny/foggy San Francisco. We’re ready for great Site Reliability Engineers to join our cause and scale our rapidly growing business.|
Last year there was $4B in online fraud and 70% of that was driven by organized crime. The opponents are no longer script kiddies -- they’re just as smart and capable as any of us, and their attacks are evolving in both scale and sophistication. As the world becomes more connected, this problem only worsens. We’re building a large-scale machine learning system paired with elegant visualization/UI tools to help ecommerce businesses take a stand. We’re literally fighting bad guys, and have big plans beyond fraud.
Our team includes several ex-Googlers with experience spanning e-commerce analytics, search quality, ads quality, and speech recognition. We value respect, collaboration, creativity, and all like to laugh.
As an SRE you’ll have a huge impact on the technology, systems, direction and culture of the company. You’ll be expected to punch above your weight class and wear different hats.
* Serve as a primary point of contact for our machine learning platform’s availability, scalability and performance
* Scale our realtime data infrastructure and distributed systems to handle billions of events
* Scale and automate our ability to rapidly deploy and effectively monitor our applications in a large-scale Linux environment
Expert knowledge of Linux systems is a must. Experience with distributed systems, Java, HBase, Hadoop, ElasticSearch, and AWS is awesome, but not required. Just be ready to learn quickly!
We can promise two of these five things:
* Daily in-person readings of inspirational quotes by William Shatner
* Interesting and meaningful technical problems
* All-you-can-eat caviar breakfast, lunch, and dinner
* Weekend Lamborghini rentals
* An incredible team that will challenge and respect you
Our investors include Union Square Ventures, First Round Capital, Max Levchin, Marc Benioff, Chris Dixon, SV Angel, and others well-versed in e-commerce, payments, and enterprise software. We offer market salary, meaningful equity, health insurance, custom dev setup, beer o’clock, relocation help, etc. just like everyone else. But what’s most important is the work you do and who you do it with. Everything else is just icing on the cake.
All candidates must be willing to work out of our office in downtown San Francisco. We’ll gladly help with relocation.
Let’s make the world a better place. Send your resume / GitHub to email@example.com .