- Not upgradable
- Super overpriced
- Dictator-style company that seemingly caters to grandma
more than technical folk
- Obnoxious smug ethos created by marketing team
- Lots of people complaining about OSX going downhill
- The OP story and associated reports of mass censorship
- Just look at Objective C for 5 minutes
I'm perfectly happy with my beefy Win 7 box paired with a *nix machine that I can shell into when I need to do something that would suck in Powershell. Just don't install Java/Flash/ect and don't open JessicaAlbaBoob.jpg.exe and you will not get a virus.
I'm willing to bet you've looked at it for much less than that.
Have I looked at the source code on numerous occasions, trying to come to terms with it's verbosity and ugliness? Yes.
| verbosity and ugliness
Also, my verbosity argument would be hard to defend without concrete examples of equivalent functionality being performed more succinctly (while still maintaining readability) in another language. That would be hard given my ignorance of ObjC. I withdraw that argument.