|We define Luck as the magical point when opportunity meets preparedness. So if you are prepared then this is THAT opportunity.|
We are small scrappy international YC company with our HQ in New York and our laser focused tech team in Sydney Australia (for now - opportunity to move to NY this Spring if you are awesome!).
We are a close team of entrepreneurial minded developers whose ideas are outpacing our time-capacity. So we are looking for a talented scrappy 'get shit done' developer to jump on board this rocket ship with us. Our goal is to deliver a simply amazing experience for our customers and to be the leader in the industry.
If you want to break every rule in the book and make history, this opportunity is for you! As YC taught us, we talk to users and write code & we love doing that! We're backed by Andreessen Horowitz, Greylock, Benchmark, SV Angel and other top investors. We're disrupting a $20bn market and excited to meet you!
So to give the position a label we are looking for a web developer with front end and back end skills
The perfect candidate is...
- You live in Sydney, Australia
- You are hacker to your core. You love coding and love creating things
- You are hungry for big challenges in a fast paced adrenaline fuelled tech startup
- You are entrepreneurial minded. As a developer this means you get things done and you ship :)
- You have built significantly large web based systems under time pressure
- You have a strong grasp on the importance of User Experience
- You are awesome at the following skills:
Front end -
(Knowing twitter bootstrap would be good too)
You have a good understanding of mobile interface challenges and maybe interested in iphone dev too.
You are a strong Object Oriented programmer and comfortable with a mainstream OO language such as Java, Groovy, Python, Ruby
You have build web apps with full stack frameworks such as: Grails, RoR, Django.
You understand and practice test driven development
You build great interfaces
You are 'get things done" programmer.
Initially we are thinking of a rolling monthly contract for immediate start until spring at which point if things work out you would have the opportunity to move to NY with us.
If this sounds like you then send us anything about you: