The Mega link (Mac client) from the official web page:
asiekierka's Mac link:
Both file sizes are the same (9,690,941 bytes, 9.7 MB on disk). Maybe the discrepancy has to do with -a flag for 224, 256, 384, or 512 or something.
I think his mirror is safe. It's the one I used to successfully jailbreak my iPad 3. Now I can SSH into my iPad and change the hosts file for some ad-blocking and installed Flux for "easier on the eyes" nighttime reading.
I don't look forward to Apple's next update which will wipe out my jailbreak, so I don't want to customize things too much. Last time I did a jailbreak for my iPod Touch, it messed up an in-app purchasing mechanism for a game I was testing. After this experience, I dread that jailbreaks will cause unforeseen problems and prefer not having to customize every single little tech option. Still, I performed this jailbreak mostly to get ad-blocking in MobileSafari.
Actually, one snag I have: the iPad time was totally wrong, insisting that it was 8 hours ahead, and the General Settings wouldn't properly automatically update the time. Had to do a lot of fiddling with Location services and Date & Time to fix it.
Jailbreakin' ain't all that it's cracked up to be!